A recent email conversation between one of our customer service angels Gaby and a member of our commuity has gone viral, and for all the right reasons. If you're ready to minimise your wardrobe and invest in (less) pieces that give you more, see Gaby's guide to starting a capsule wardobe here:
THE CAPSULE LIST
You have come to the right place, we would absolutely love to kick start your minimalist journey and help you with the building of your capsule wardrobe :).
We believe in investing in everyday trans-seasonal essentials that will become the foundation of your wardrobe. Our go to items will allow you to easily mix & match, layer and dress up or down to create a multitude of looks for all occasions!
I’ve created a simplified list for you of where I would begin:
- Our custom-milled Luxe Rib™ Basics are a must! They are incredibly versatile and available in our 4 core colours. The tanks and midi dresses would be perfect to incorporate into both work and everyday outfits!
For the cooler months, the Luxe Rib™ Long Sleeve is perfect as a layering piece or on its own.
- As the foundation of your capsule wardrobe, you will need a classic pant/bottom. If you prefer something loose fitting - our Linen Classic Pants are a must - otherwise you cannot go past our fitted leatherlook, Second Skin Pant. These have been designed to flatter all bodies and are a cult favourite. If you're after casual, effortless style then I would head straight to our Core Denim™ classics. If you prefer a skirt our Vegan Pebbled™ Maxi nearly broke our website!
- Next, head for timeless statement pieces that can be worn time and time again. Our Signature Shirt is an iconic A.T.G piece that elevates any look and can be styled in so many ways - buttoned up, tied, layered over swim or basics…the options are endless!
Alternatively there is our most loved Knitted Long Sleeve which you will see a all over our Instagram tagged images. This is available in 3 lengths for you to choose and all pieces are perfect for layering with basics and to dress up or down. If you’re feeling adventurous, we recommend pairing with our Lover Bralette - which is designed to be seen.
- For cooler months / nights you will need a transeasonal layering piece. Our merino/cashmere Cardigan Coat is a classic go-to. It is incredibly soft and merges warmth with versatility and style. It is perfect light-weight throw over an outfit to add a bit of warmth! We also have our Signature Cardigan which features our beautiful logo on the back. Either one is a great staple to have :)
- Finally, every good capsule wardrobe deserves a Little Black Dress. Depending on the style of neck you like, we have an array of silhouettes in either mini or midi lenghts that are all designed to be able to effortlessly dress up and down. Our High Neck Midi is our favourite.
Let me know how you go with the above suggestions and please let me know if you have any questions or preferences so I can alter my recommendations you!